How do I get help?

Where do I go for help from Second Street Pantry Missions?

You will come to the First United Methodist Church at 201 NW 2nd Street in Bentonville.  We are open every Tuesday from 11:30 am until 6:00 pm.  Enter through the west door and a greeter will give you a number, so that we process clients in the order that they arrive. Greeters start signing people in at about 11:30 am.

Are there any occasions when you would not be open?

These are the Tuesdays when we would not be open:

  • We are closed for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year's holidays
  • We are closed if July 4 falls on a Tuesday
  • We could be closed for inclement weather.  Our winter weather policy is, if the Bentonville Schools are closed, then we will be closed.

How do I get groceries?

All clients who come to the pantry on Tuesdays are eligible to get groceries, regardless of where you live. And you may get groceries every Tuesday, between 12:00 noon and 6:00 pm.  For a sample of the information you will need to provide, click here.

How do I take part in the Tuesday night dinner?

All clients who want to receive the free, hot evening meal are welcome, regardless of where you live.  Just check in at the greeter station to receive your meal ticket during our pantry hours on Tuesdays. The meal is held from 5:00 - 6:00 pm in Hines hall.  Appetizers start at 4:00 pm.  For a sample of the information you will need to provide, click here.

How can I get financial help?

We give out financial help from our Benevolence Fund every Tuesday from 12:00 noon until 2:00 pm (or until our funds for the week are gone).  Clients who live in Benton County are eligible for this financial help.  It is suggested that those seeking financial help come to the west entrance of the church by 8:15 am to get a number that will reserve your place in line, as we have limited funds each week. Then you can come back at 11:30 am and get signed in at the greeter station. Clients may receive financial help only once per calendar year.  For a sample of the information you will need to provide, click here.

We help financially with the following:

  • Utility bills with a shutoff notice.  Bring your photo ID and your shutoff notice with you.
  • Rent with an eviction notice.  Bring your photo ID and your eviction notice, and information on how we may contact your landlord.
  • Gasoline for your automobile. Bring your driver's license.